Feature Request: Is it possible to add/edit note citations in iPad

Hi,

Again, really grateful for the developers of this app. I noticed there is no way for me to edit, view, or add citations to a note on my iPad. Does this feature exist but I’m missing it? If not, would it be possible to add this?
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "note citations". Can you say more about what you're trying to do here? What's the equivalent functionality on the desktop app that you're referring to?
  • I think they're referring to inserting a citation into a note (using the new note editor's [+] button).

Pretty sure that's not available in the iOS app, no.
  • Yes, I’m referring to inserting a citation into a standalone or child note on my iPad. This is a fairly significant feature, since it’s how I create bibliographies for my drafts. Is it possible to request this?
  • This is a ways off.

1) The new note editor isn't yet available on iOS, so that has to be added.

2) Once it is, the Insert Citation button won't be available initially, since there's no existing citation dialog and related functionality in the iOS app for it to use. The web library recently gained the new note editor but doesn't have the Insert Citation button for this reason.

3) There aren't yet word processor plugins on iOS, so there's no equivalent to the Add Note feature, which is currently the only way on the desktop to get a bibliography from citations in a note anyway.

But this will all likely happen eventually.

To be clear, you can still generate citations and bibliographies in the iOS app, so you could, for example, add items to a collection and generate a bibliography from there.
  • Thank you! To clarify, I’m looking for the ability to add a in text citation to a standalone/child note in Zotero, not a word processor. Even so, looking forward to the developments. You guys are awesome!
  • Yes, that’s what I addressed.