can't assign to property "added" on "out of memory": not an object

Report ID: 392235674

When I try to sync, I receive the following message after a while .

[blockquote]can't assign to property "added" on "out of memory": not an object[/blockquote]

I am not quite sure what the problem is but syncing is important from me as I use Zotero on an iPad and on a Windows 10 computer. Help is appreciated.
  • I don't think this is the issue.

I think the issue was an extra long note of a PDF with many pages. However, I have deleted the note contents but still get the following message. While the content is not displayed anymore, I juat was able to export the note with all the previous content. Mysterious.

> The note “” is too long to sync. Shorten the note and sync again.

After a restart of Zotero, the note are back. Trying to delete them again led to an unresponsive script warning.

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: resource://zotero/note-editor/editor.js:64947"

Perhaps the script also 'struggles' with the excessive amount of characters in that note.

See for reference:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/70958/the-note-is-too-long-to-sync-shorten-the-note-and-sync-again
  • Create an empty item, select it, Cmd/Ctrl-click the note in question so that both items are selected and the note isn't displayed, delete both items, and empty the trash.

What do you mean by "extra long note of a PDF", though? Can you explain how we can reproduce this?