Zotfile open-pdf link not responsive

I try to use the following link to open a pdf attachment in Zotero but it is not responsive.

zotero://open-pdf/library/items/NEUIDZY2?page=100

I can still select the item with no issue.

zotero://select/library/items/NEUIDZY2
  • Any leads towards debugging would be appreciated.

Zotfile Version: 5.12
    Zotero Version: 6.0.18

Submitted with Debug ID D1991097920
  • Note these two lines on the log.

```
    (4)(+0000007): SELECT COALESCE(IA.parentItemID, itemID) AS itemID FROM items LEFT JOIN itemAnnotations IA USING (itemID) WHERE (itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM deletedItems) AND itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM itemNotes WHERE parentItemID IS NOT NULL AND parentItemID IN (SELECT itemID FROM deletedItems)) AND itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM itemAttachments WHERE parentItemID IS NOT NULL AND parentItemID IN (SELECT itemID FROM deletedItems))) AND (itemID IN (SELECT itemID FROM items WHERE libraryID=?)) AND itemID IN (SELECT itemID FROM items WHERE (key='NEUIDZY2')) [1]

(2)(+0000057): Item for library/items/NEUIDZY2?page=100 is not a file attachment this.warn@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:1188:71 doAction@file:///usr/lib/zotero/components/zotero-protocol-handler.js:1167:9

```
  • (3)(+0035811): {better-bibtex} +35812 getResultsFromParams modified {
    "objectType": "item",
    "objectKey": "NEUIDZY2",
    "page": "100",
    "url": "library/items/NEUIDZY2?page=100",
    "libraryID": 1
    }
    Try with BBT disabled.
  • Submitted with Debug ID D1775130786

Disabled BBT. Made no difference.
  • Oh, well, it's just what it says — it's not a file attachment. zotero://open-pdf works on file attachments. It doesn't currently open the primary attachment, as it would when you double-click the parent item that you're specifying, but that's planned.
  • Oh, I get it!

The URL scheme must be applied to the PDF file attachment directly, not indirectly through the parent item. So all I need to do is to `Copy select item links` on the file attachment itself and it should work like a charm. (It works!)