Sage Translator : apostrophes in abstracts import as “?” [papercut] in titles OK

edited December 7, 2022
With some imports from someSage journals the apostrophes in the abstract (but not the title) are imported as question marks. See:

10.1177/1071181322661302

While I can edit by hand and convert the "?" to an apostrophe; I wonder if this can be recognized and remedied on import. This happens with the Sage translator but not if I import by copying the DOI and doing a magic wand import.

In the case of this journal example, some of the abstracts that contain apostrophes import as apostrophes. This problem happens occasionally with all or most of the Sage journal articles. (I was moved to make this request because almost all of the records in this annual conference proceedings "journal" have this problem.

Thanks
  • edited May 5, 2023
    Thanks — this should now be fixed. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.

(The translator already had a workaround for this, getting the abstract from the page instead of the RIS. The page structure just changed.)