Zotero not exporting into Word

Hello:

I can drag and drop individual citations from Zotero into Word without a problem. When I select a bunch of them, though, I get the ciricle with a diagonal line through it -- i.e., it won't let me export the citations. When I export the entire folder as, say, an html file and then try to open it in a web browser (I've tried many, now), nothing happens. What's going on here? Thanks.
  • You can't use Quick Copy on more than 50 items by default for performance reasons. It's a setting in the Export pane of the preferences.

Note, though, that generally you'd want to use the Word plugin to add citations to Word, not Quick Copy.
  • Thanks for this! I think the Word plugin comes with Zotero, no? How would I use it, then? (I'm new to Zotero, so my apologies for asking such incredibly basic questions!)
  • I've got 1,000 citations in Zotero. I've got a Word document open. How do I get the citations from Zotero into this Word document? I've clicked on everything, and nothing works. It should be very simple: just reproduce the Zotero bibliography in Word.
  • I have the Zotero plugin in Word. But it won't let me import the entire bibliography folder. Why not?
  • It looks like I have to manually enter in each Zotero bibliographic entry, by clicking on "Zotero" in Word, then add/edit citation, then search for the citation, etc. But I just want all of my Zotero entries to show up in Word.
  • If the only thing you want is a list of references in Word, you can select the items you want in Zotero, and then in the right click menu select Create Bibliography From Items. Choose an appropriate Citation Style, and Copy to Clipboard. Then paste into Word.