How to add style

Hi,
I'm teaching in a Collège and would like to add a Style according to our institution's rules, in the Zotero Style Repository. How should I proceed to do that?
Marguerite
  • Generally, you'd follow this process, but I'm one of the few people who works on these requests and tend to only do uni styles against payment these days. If that's of interest, let me know.

https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/REQUESTING.md#requesting-csl-styles
  • Hi,
    Thank you. I'd rather follw the process, but need to double-check something first and have contacted CSL.
    Have a great day,
    Marguerite
  • We've received the message and we can work with a PDF, but see damnation's note above -- this really is a resource issue: there's only so much free volunteer work to go around, and we (and especially damnation who does the bulk of that work) prioritize styles with broader applicability that an individual school or department. You can't find something fitting among existing styles?
  • I did search for something similar and I've found one other Cegep/College style registered. However, this institution's (Collège Montmorency - note, Français - Canada) request in terms of bibliography doesn't match with the institution I work at (Collège Universel).
  • edited December 1, 2022
    Hi,

We received your email, but you're basically talking to the same two people there, adamsmith and myself.
    Adamsmith's comment still stands. Do send the guidelines, but no promise.

(If you want to add more info, use this thread, you can rename it, but please don't open a new thread)
  • Hi damnation,

No problem.
    Yes, I do understand my request might not go through as you have an important workload to deal with.
    I've just sent an e-mail with the guidelines in case it becomes possible to realize my request.

Have a great day,
    Marguerite I.