Linked Files and Duplicates

Hello,

I have used linked attachments for about a year now and it's worked quite smoothly until recently. I have a dedicated folder for my attachments and am now seeing a number of the files have duplicates (with one of the two files having the same file name plus "2" at the end), and Zotero is linking to the old version rather than the one I have most recently annotated on my Boox device. I did migrate my files from google to onedrive, but otherwise, haven't changed any settings. Any suggestions for what might have gone wrong and how I can resolve it now and moving forward?

Thank you!
  • My guess would be very simple -- whatever tool you're using to annotate saves a copy of the file than than overwriting the existing file, producing a version with (x) (and obviously Zotero is unaware of that comment)
  • Thanks so much for the help. Weirdly, the ones with numbers at the end are the older versions (and all of these old versions show the same date/time). I am using the native Boox app for most of my annotations (though also doing some in zotero when I'm at my desktop), which has been my approach all along and has been working smoothly. The only real change I can think of was that I recently moved my files from google drive to onedrive.