Lost all my annotations from the iPad app

I was reading a pdf on the iPad app and put about 3 hours into reading, highlighting, and making annotations. Then, when I logged in after the weekend, that pdf had no annotations on it at all. I tried resyncing, checking my zotero.org library. they are gone.

As you can imagine this is not only annoying, but super troubling. Hours of work lost, and now I can't trust that any further work I do on this app will be properly saved. This has never happened before.

The only difference is that I became a paid zotero member just before I started working on that specific pdf, but everything was properly logged in when I was working.

I am using zotero-native annotations.
  • edited November 29, 2022
    No, you just have two copies of the same file, and you annotated the one you added a few weeks earlier.

You added the second copy five minutes after adding the storage plan, and then over the next three hours added 46 annotations across three separate items, including the one with the same filename. All of those annotations still exist in your online library.
  • Well that's relieving!
    Although, I only saw (and still only see) one pdf file in my library.
    How do I access these other annotations and other files (of the one with the same filename)?
    thanks.
  • You moved it to the trash.
  • Well, I feel stupid. lol
    thanks for your help!