Import RIS file in iOS app

This discussion was created from comments split from: Importing RIS file on web version.
  • I am using an iPad Pro for the majority of my graduate work and know several others who are starting to do so and honestly would really appreciate the ability to add/manipulate my library using the Zotero app and the web version. Any updates on when this type of functionality might be coming?
  • would really appreciate the ability to add/manipulate my library using the Zotero app and the web version
    Just to be clear, you can save items to the iOS app from the browser, the same as you can with the Zotero Connector on the desktop, and you can also use Add by Identifier or barcode scanning within the app. And you can of course manually add/edit/remove items. So it's a bit bizarre to say that you can't "add/manipulate" your library on iOS. It's not currently possible to import items from RIS/BibTeX/etc., but that's not a primary way of getting things into Zotero for most people, isn't a common request, and probably won't happen for a while. (It would also be clumsy at best, since working with files on iOS is a total pain.)