Search collection / favorite collection

Hi,
I would like to revive an old ask for a feature that seems quite basic to simple to me.
We still cannot search by collection name and or have favorite collections.
Am I the only one that would like to have those features?
Currently, the collection search option does not allow you to search. In practice, you have to scroll through a long list of collections, which is almost like finding the collections on the collections panel.

Let me know if you also thing that would be nice to have.
  • edited December 21, 2023
    Hello,
    Hope you are well
    Thanks Zotero developers for all your great efforts.
    Related suggestions for improving handling of collections and items in large libraries:

1-Recent Collections icon: In the left pane in the main zotero window, is it possible to a create an icon beside the icons of "new collection" and "new library" to show "recent collections" similar to those appearing when using zotero connect in browsers to show the most recent collections.

2-Favorite collections: As mentioned above, another suggestion is adding the ability to pin some collections as favorite collections, and adding another icon for "favorite collections" or within the previous suggested icon "recent and favorite collections".

Another path would be adding the ability to add tags to collections themselves (as tagging folders) and being able to separate collections tags from items tags in the tags pane.

3-Recent opened files: Adding a list of recent opened files within zotero reader: Having an option/icon to quickly show recently "opened items", or open a history list or tab, or the ability to arrange items in the middle pane according to "date opened" can be helpful in many cases.

This last feature is, however, currently partially provided by some plugins as Chartero (it adds recent opened option to the file menu) and actions and tags plugin (can also save a list of opened tabs as a saved session). Another workaround would be creating a tag of recent opened or making minor modifications (as adding a comment of recently opened) in any opened file to affect the date modified field.

Sorry if any of these features already exists and thank you again for all your help and support