Incorrect bibliography for books

Whenever I cite a book (with page numbers) in the text, it shows up in the bibliography like this:

Title. In Part of Title (cursive).
For example: Benatar, D. (2006). Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence. In Better Never to Have Been. Oxford University Press.

This happens even if I delete the short title for the book in the Zotero library.

How can I fix it?
  • This is not a "book", but a "chapter" which are two distinct item types.

If you are indeed wanting to cite the book this chapter is contained in "Better Never to Have Been", then you can:
    a) just change the item type to book
    b) duplicate the item and THEN change the item type to book.
  • No, the item type is book and was added as such to the library, but it comes out like a chapter (kind of - the full book title is in place of what would be the chapter title) in the bibliography.
  • What do you have in the "title" field? If it contains "In Better Never to Have Been" then you'd need to remove that manually as it's just incorrect metadata.
  • I have the full title of the book which is "Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence" in the title field, nothing else.
  • Which citation style is this? then I'll have a look if there's something going on with the style.
  • The same thing happens for every book I cite.
  • APA7 certainly works correctly for books, so there is something else going on.

In text: (Isaacson, 2011, pp. 244–252)
    Bibliography: Isaacson, W. (2011). Steve Jobs. Simon & Schuster.

Is there anything in the extra field?
    Can you try in a fresh document and take a screenshot of the document with the citation and bibliography and the Zotero entry also?
  • There was something in the extra field! I removed it, and now it's correct :D