different search results on different computers

Hello,

I use Zotero on various machines and when I use search in the app (full text search "345 TFEU") I get different results on each of them. I use Zotero account to sync and everything seems synced (the number of items is the same on all machines). The web app also gives different results. Do you have any Idea how to fix it?
  • What do you mean by "full text search"? "Everything" quick search mode or "Attachment Content" advanced search condition?

Can you take screenshots of the results on each computer and email them to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • Thank for the reply.
    In the apps on both machines I used "Everything" quick search. But now I see that on one machine the number of indexed items is much lower than on the other one (2300 vs 900), which may explain the discrepancies. I understand that I need to perform indexation on each machine separately, as the index is not synced?
  • It should be synced as long as you have "Sync full-text content" enabled on both computers in the Sync pane of the preferences.
  • Thanks. Unfortunately, it does not seem to sync the index. One one PC I have 2442/13/273 indexed/partly/not indexed files. On the other one I cleared the index entirely and waited for it to sync but the proportions are quite different (ca. 1500 indexed files). I sync full text on both of them.
  • You shouldn't touch the index options — those all predate syncing and just confuse things. (They'll likely be removed from the prefs at some point.)

At this point, the best you can do is rebuild the index completely on one of the computers that's set to download files at sync time, and then wait for that to transfer and be processed on the other computers.
  • I think that earlier I did more or less what you suggest (I cleared the index on all 3 PCs, then rebuilt the index one one of them). The result is 2442 indexed on one of them, 1550 on the second and 87 on the third one).