Error SetState

Hello,

I recently started getting a SetState error when working in PDF. Searching through the forum, I understand that this error may be caused because my PDFs are stored on my OneDrive and not locally.

1. Is that really the cause of the issue?

2. What is the best way to move all my PDF to a local folder while retaining the links to the PDFs in Zotero?

Thanks!
p.s.: how do I get a debug ID?
  • 1. Is that really the cause of the issue?
    Probably.
    2. What is the best way to move all my PDF to a local folder while retaining the links to the PDFs in Zotero?
    Assuming these are linked files, by setting a linked attachment base directory, moving the files, and then updating the LABD.
    p.s.: how do I get a debug ID?
    https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output
  • Thank you dstillman!

I waited before replying, because I used Zotero all weekend without getting the error message. I was using Zotero on the same computer, but on a different network as I was in a writing retreat.

As soon as I started working from home today, I got the error message again. Here’s the debug ID: D2049341502

I was not using the PDF files with another program, although PDF Reader was opened with a file that is not stored in Zotero.

Also, it says that I have reached my Zotero file storage quota, but I’m storing everything in my local folder. If it has any impact, yes that folder is in my OneDrive, but my OneDrive is local on my computer with a sync on the cloud.
  • Here's another Debug ID: D510071270
  • Hello! I was able to move all my pdf files to a local folder on my computer, but I still get the setstate error. Any idea?
  • Win error 32 during operation open on file C:\Users\[…]\Zotero\storage\TCDMFT6D\.zotero-pdf-state (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    Are you running any third-party security software on this computer?