corrupted link (404 error) when trying to download JDK from Zotero

Hi,

I'm going to explain as well as I can a problem that happened to one of my colleagues when she was training students during a zotero workshop. Forgive me if my explanation is lacking details.

One of the students, after installing Zotero, realised the LibreOffice Plugin wasn't working on her laptop. She then followed the steps to reinstall it: Java JDK wasn't installed on her laptop so at some stage Zotero suggested a link to the JDK Oracle website to download its latest version. She clicked on it but ended on a error 404 page.

Could you solve that problem ?

Thank you
  • Could you be more specific where did she find the link and what page did she get linked to?
  • A popup window (wizard) appears here's the transcript :

Zotero Libre Office Plugin Installation
    Introduction

The Zotero LibreOffice Plugin makes it easy to insert Zotero citations and bibliographies into LibreOffice documents.

This wizard will install the plugin into LibreOffice. It can be reinstalled later from the Cite pane of the Zotero Preferences
    Cancel

She clicked on Next

Then it said :

Zotero LibreOffice Plugin Installation
    Install Required Components

The Zotero LibreOffice Plugin Requires the Java Runtime Environment. Visit Java.com to download it.

She then clicked on the link behind "Java.com" and was redirected to this page : java.com/inc/BrowserRedirect1.jsp

with that message: "Sorry! We couldn't find the document requested."

• Thanks. I'm not sure why you were getting a 404 there — it's still a valid link, and works for me — but we've updated the plugin for the next version to point to the current version of Java, which is a better thing to install at this point.