File Storage

Saw the recent announcement about the ability to purchase additional file storage and went to see how much of my free storage I'm using. Found that I'm using about 66% of my allotment. I think it's great to be able to purchase additional storage, but I also don't want to pay for storage I don't need. However, I'm not sure how to find out what files I'm actually storing so that I can delete those that I don't need storage for. Is there some way of finding this out? Thanks.
  • Your storage is going to store all of your files, or all of the files in a group you have chosen to use your storage for.

If you want to see all of the items you have which have attachments you can create a saved search in Zotero where "Item Type" is "Attachment". That is probably the quickest way to find out what attachments you are storing in Zotero.
  • This worked (Thanks!) and I added a condition where the Attachment Type is PDF to find all of the pdfs that I'm storing (which also seems to work). I don't really need to be storing any of them at this point, and I'd like to delete them all. I can do that one-by-one, but was wondering if there's some way of batch deleting all of the pdfs (but just the pdfs) found in the saved search.
  • You can do that. First go to saved search. Then select all by ctrl+a and then right click and choose "remove item from library"
  • I was worried that that might delete the reference and snapshot, too, but I see that's not the case. Thanks!