Is there a time line for Zotero app for android?

I wondering when we can get the zotero android app? I hope I can get a detail date. Thank you.
  • Zotero has hired an Android developer to work on it, but there’s no public timeline currently available for when it will be ready
  • (and Zotero very rarely commits to timelines; certainly not for major features or releases)
  • I have also wondered this and did some searching a while back, as I moved from Mendeley which had a seamless app integration (but massive issues of dictatorial control over your data). I think the answer is fairly unlikely to be soon. There is a suggestion that you can use the website to navigate your library and add entries, etc.

Some third-party apps are available but none seem to work as you'd hope. Zoo looks like it works, I haven't tried it recently. ZotEZ² is not updated in 18 months, Zotdroid is defunct.
    https://www.zotero.org/support/mobile

I have been following the work-around using the plug-in ZotFile to copy the file to a cloud account, then import whenever I'm done annotating in any android PDF app.
  • edited November 7, 2022
    Zoo works, but not very well. It does the basics, but the user interface is clumsy, it doesn't handle problems well (in particular when it wants to sync but there is no connection, or if an attachment is large). OK for emergencies (when you want to read a paper on a train journey or so), but no fun to work with on a daily basis.

I think it was developed quickly with much initial enthusiasm as the author needed something for his own studies, but I understand he never meant it as a Software he wanted to develop and support long-time.

So I'm also looking forward to the official Android app and hope it comes soon. Is there a way for us to help speed it up (eg donations)?
  • Are there any news on the Android app?