"Use MEDLINE journal abbreviations" option not showing

Hello,

I saw in Zotero documentation (https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage#document_preferences) that Zotero could automatically abbreviate the journal names by using MEDLINE abbreviations list (very useful for me since a lot of my references don't include the "Journal Abbr" field or don't use the correct abbreviation).

However, this option doesn't appear when I click on "Create Bibliography from Item..." or on "Export Collection..." (what I would use eventually since I need a BibLaTeX file). There is no box to tick concerning the MEDLINE abbreviations at all for me, even if I'm using a citation style that uses journal abbreviations (e.g. "American Chemical Society", "Nature", etc).

Does anyone know how to fix this?
For info, I use Zotero 6.0.15 on Windows.
  • The option is for citation styles and only works when using the word processor add-on.
    To get journal abbreviations in BibTeX or BibLaTeX, install the better BibTeX add-on which as that as an option
  • Great, I didn't know about this extension, thanks for the advice!
  • Hello, I wonder if you have solved this problem, I have installed the "better BibTeX " add-on, but it seems useless.
  • What exactly are you trying to do?
  • Hello, I wonder if you have solved this problem, I have installed the "better BibTeX " add-on, but it seems useless.
    Better BibTeX is hardly "useless". A few thousand Zotero users seem to think otherwise. If you think you know better, please explain.

If this is about generating MEDLINE abbreviations, Better BibTeX uses the Zotero abbreviator, so the moment Zotero starts generating MEDLINE abbreviations, so will Better BibTeX.