Unable to move item to collection, even though definitely not already in that collection

Hi,
(I am fairly new to Zotero so apologies if this is not the right place for this question, or if I should be providing any more information.)

I added a bunch of references to a new collection "Sampling" (no problem). Today when I went back, one item I wanted ("Convenience sample") is not appearing in that collection. When I do a search in My Library it shows up, but I am unable to either drag and drop it onto Sampling (I get the black 'no' icon), or to right click and Add to Collection (Sampling is greyed out in the options). Usually this happens when I am trying to 'move' an item to a collection it is already in, however that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I don't know how to add screenshots, so they can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1KEdYXS1qegYXNKZ_LnWqv0GfCAlbyRNj/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=107971947738887909914&rtpof=true&sd=true

I've searched for related discussions and can't seem to find a similar issue/solution.

Thanks!
  • I'm a bit confused by your screenshot. What is there to the right of where you cut it off? There should be a scrollbar.

"Ecological Validity" isn't the first item in that collection sorted A-Z — "Convenience Sample" is. And "Convenience Sample" is also in "Not Done". You should see these in your web library, but assuming you're in sync you should also see them in Zotero.

I'm not sure why you're not seeing anything for the two subcollections, though. Those certainly have items.

If you're still not seeing what you expect in Zotero, and still see it after restarting Zotero, can you provide a Report ID?