How should I include in zotero to get this specific citation (of a dataset)?

edited October 19, 2022
From here (https://www.rand.org/well-being/social-and-behavioral-policy/centers/aging/dataprod/citation-instructions.html), I should cite a dataset as follows:

Health and Retirement Study, ([RAND HRS Product Name]) public use dataset. Produced and distributed by the University of Michigan with funding from the National Institute on Aging (grant number NIA U01AG009740). Ann Arbor, MI, ([Year]).

Well, I make a new Document item, adding "Type: dataset" and "Place: Ann Arbor, MI" to the extra field. But my question is in which field may I include "Produced and distributed by the University of Michigan with funding from the National Institute on Aging (grant number NIA U01AG009740)"?

Thanks!
  • I'd generally ignore the details of recommended citation for items -- I'm not seeing this in any actual citation style requirements and we don't cite anything else including grant numbers, for example.
    It's probably possible to hack this e.g. by putting all of that information in the publisher field, but I really wouldn't.
  • Thanks for your answer @adamsmith . I asked, because in Bibtex there is a Note field which can appear depending on the style chosen, and I wonder if there is something similar in Zotero?
    I also wouldn't hack using the publisher field, but maybe the Rights field?

Thanks!
  • You can use the Extra field in Zotero that way, yes (it's "note" in CSL), but none of the styles pick it up.
    Publisher would make sense that's what the "distributor" in this case is, so it makes sense systematically, the hack is mainly that you're adding all that additional info.