Bug Report ID: 2103800168

Quick description:

When I open any PDF files to read within the software, the notes or translation column on the right just disappeared, not hidden but disappeared, I cannot make it appear by clicking on anywhere (problem 1);

The software opens the same 9 articles every time I start it, although I closed these articles before I closed the software (problem 2)

Some context:
It happened so suddenly and I did not do any unusual steps as I can recall. I have waited for a week for the software to go back to the right track but failed, so I need your help so much, thank you!
  • The right-hand pane in the PDF reader is controlled by the two buttons in the top-right of the PDF reader.

    If you're having trouble, you should start by disabling all third-party plugins.
  • Thank you so much, the first problem was just solved! Could you please help me to deal with the second problem, please? What should I do?
  • btw, for the second problem, I once opened one PDF by clicking "open PDF in new window". And from then on, every time I start the software, the "new window" and the same 9 articles open with the software.

    In one word, I cannot close the 9 articles or the "new window" compeletly. Thx.
  • Did you try with all third-party plugins disabled?
  • Yes, I tried. But the second problem remained, the 9 articles and "new window" still poped out.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option? Make sure all plugins are disabled.
  • I'm sorry, and I cannot understand this reply. Could you please give me more details, more specific steps perhaps? Thank you~
  • I said exactly what we need, and I linked to instructions.
  • OK, I see. The Debug ID is D350612148, thx.
  • So this would happen if Zotero isn't being closed properly (i.e., it's crashing or you're doing something non-standard to quit it) or if Zotero somehow otherwise wasn't able to write to the session.json file in your Zotero profile directory — permissions, security software, or similar. You can try deleting that file and letting Zotero recreate it.

    (Also, your data directory appears to be on an external disk or network drive. Is your profile folder in the standard location on the local disk? It's much harder to move the profile folder, so I assume it is, but if you've moved the profile folder, that could also be contributing. The data directory location shouldn't matter for this.)
  • Thank you very much. My two problems were solved perfectly! Best wishes to you!
Sign In or Register to comment.