Zotero doesn't put all the references - Stops at [29] instead of [39]

Hello everyone,

I added a few references to my word document after Zotero synchronisation, and it seems like editing bibliography stops at the latest reference recently added, without putting all references. Does someone know what it is due to?

Thank you so much. Hope this is not a double topic.

• You may have accidentally flattened the bibliography somehow. Try deleting the bibliography completely and inserting it again using Add/Edit Bibliography.
  • Dstillman,

Thank you. Indeed, some of the references that are missing appear in brackets but not as Zotero landmark anymore, just as numbers between brackets. Do you know what it is due to?

Other question : if I delete my bibliography, is there a way to know which reference put for such number? I'm afraid I won't be able to find back the good reference for the good number
  • Hi Dstillman and everyone,

Indeed I think you were right : some references appeared as text caracters and not citations. I had to reinsert them all.
    Do you know what this is due to?
  • If you look at the article it also explains the reasons why it can happen. Wrong file format, track changes, opening in other word-processing softwares etc.