feature request: zotero links as an option with quick copy

Hi

I am ever finding little things to improve my workflow. One of the things I currently do is have a list of papers which are in my "really need to read and understand", and I want to be able to regularly review that list (in zotero) but then copy that list into another application (obisidian as it happens) and process them as tasks within my normal workflow.

Quickcopy gets me some of what I want, but what I'd really like to do is have an option on the quickcopy default (or somewhere), to optionally tack the zotero select link on the quick copy so that I can copy and paste a bunch of papers and be able to get back from where that list ends up, to the actual papers (one by one) in zotero via the select link.

In the best of all possible of my worlds, the quick copy Note Format would have an option for Markdown + Rich Text + zotero select item link.

(or may be there is another way of achieving the same result via zutillo, but I haven't quite worked it out yet.)

Thanks as ever, this is just icing stuff, the cake is very fine!

Bryan
  • Not sure I understand.

Markdown + Rich Text already includes zotero://select links for citations in the Markdown output. Obsidian doesn't paste plain-text by default, but you can force it to.

So, e.g., you can create a note, open it in a standalone window, and drag multiple items to it from the items list. If you copy that note as plain text, you'll get Markdown links back to the items. The same works for annotation citations from PDF reader.

As noted in the linked thread, we'll be adding the link option for rich text.
  • Ah, ok, I have been caught by the rich-text copy not including the links. I'd prefer not to turn off the auto-html to markdown, because that's pretty useful ... so it's clear I'm late to this request, and you're on it. I can happily wait til it's (an option?) for the rich text copy (I note your point about rich text being used for sharing, which seems like a reasonable concern).