Endnote Record number to Zotero

I have been using EndNote, but I am going to switch to Zotero.

I have read past discussions and understand that Zotero does not have a feature like EndNote's record number.
However, the record numbers for the 2000+ references I have so far are important to me and I would like to be able to see them in zotero as well.

The xml file exported from endnote contains record number information like 900, but zotero does not import that.

Is there any way to get zotero to read this information?

For example, I thought of exporting the files imported into zotero, combining them in excel, and then importing them back into zotero, but that didn't work.

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/endnote_import

RIS format (alternative)
    Instead of EndNote XML, it is also possible to export items from EndNote using RIS. The only benefit of RIS over XML is that the EndNote database ID can be retained for each item. If this is required, then, in Zotero, open the Advanced pane of Zotero preferences and click the “Config Editor” button on the “General” tab. Search for “RIS.import.keepID” and double-click to set it to true. If you want data for unknown fields to be retained in notes (as described above), also search for “RIS.import.ignoreUnknown” and set this option to false.

In EndNote, export your library as above, setting “Save as type:” to “Text file (.txt)”. Set “Output style:” to “RefMan (RIS)”. Navigate to your EndNote data folder (as described above), save the export file, then import into Zotero as described above.

With this setup, RIS will retain EndNote database IDs, but any italics, bold, or other formatting set in fields will be lost. XML should always be used unless EndNote database IDs are needed for a specific reason.