Error refreshing citations and adding bibliography in large doc using zotero in MacOS catalina

I'm getting unable and unable to update my citations and get a bibliography for my 250 pages thesis. My submission is due this week and that's the only thing missing. It was working previously and I was able to get a full bibliography but I needed to make several changes and now it's just not working. When I tried to do this in smaller documents it works fine, but I tried to break my whole thesis doc into smaller pieces and although I managed to refresh citations, the bibliography is still not being generated. I have sent report errors and submitted the debug outputs, unsure what I should do next... anyone who can help please?
  • Updating large documents on Mac can be very slow. How much time did you give it?
    Otherwise, as long as the citations are active, delete the bibliography and reinsert.

If that doesn't work, provide the Debug ID here after trying a refresh or the above and someone will be able to look into it.
  • @RosaHeimer What happens when you press the Add/Edit Bibliography button?