Collection highlighting behavior has changed

Hi,

I did a quick search, but I hope this is not a repost.

I'm not sure when it changed (maybe with the release of Zotero 6?), but Zotero's collection highlighting behavior (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/collections_containing_an_item) is different now.

If I press Option (or Alt or Control, depending on the OS), Zotero highlights the collections that the currently selected item belongs to.

The old behavior was like this: If there is any collection it can show without scrolling the collection pane, it just highlights the collection(s) without scrolling. If the current scroll window does not contain any collections to highlight, then the collection pane is scrolled to show "the next" collection. Thus, I could press Option and check one collection the current item is in, then scroll down a bit and press Option again to see the next collection, and so on.

But now, it always tries to scroll to and show only one specific collection to highlight.

I find the old behavior much more useful.
Could it be brought back, please?

Thanks!
  • edited October 16, 2022
    I too am seeing altered behaviour wrt collection highlighting; however, not exactly the same as OP. (Zotero 6.0.15)

What I'm finding is that if I have an item in say, five, collections then pressing the ALT key only ever highlights the collection that is ordered first in the collections pane. This is the case no matter which of the collections I'm in at the time (which are therefore visible) and is true also if I select the item in question in the top-level Library.

Excepting in that, just occasionally, all of the collections ARE in fact highlighted, which is weird. There does seem to be a greater likelihood of success if I hold the ALT key down for a longer time, although this again is not certain. Perhaps it's a resource/timing issue.

Frustratingly, when in the first collection with the highlighted item, I find I then can't use the scroll bar to check the position further down - all that happens is that the complete Zotero window moves around the screen...