Problem with changing bibliography format

Hello,
I have finished my thesis manuscript, about 200 pages with a lot of references.
So far I have used the style "Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (note)" and selected notes at the end of the document.
I have a lot of references and Chicago style cite them with Roman numeral, it gets confusing. My director asked me to change the style and use Nature style.
I go to Document Preferences, select Nature, click ok ---> Zotero refuses to change the style, an error message appears saying Zotero met an error while updating my document and ask me if I want to see the trouble shooting help page.

I thought the problem was caused because my word document is too heavy, so I made a test with a mock document containing only 3 sentences. Same problem.
From my tests I noticed that I can switch from a Nature style to a Chicago Manual of Style , but never from a Chicago Manual of style to a Nature style.

I am using Word 2016.
Zotero version 6.0.15 (zotero tells me there is no current better version)
error report ID 1233695101

I am using Windows 10 Professional version 21H2 - build of exploitation system 19044.2130 - Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Thank you for your help!
  • If you change it from endnotes to footnotes first and then try to change the style, does it work?