The annotation disappear

The annotation goes away
I deleted the annotation, and I converted to comments today, then emptied the recycle bin, and finally used zotfile to rename and move the pdf file. Then my annotation was locked, and when I looked at the same pdf on my other computer, I found that it was normal. So, I tried to restore the annotation data of my first computer by syncing, but after syncing the annotation data mostly disappeared.
My report ID:260431933
  • edited October 13, 2022
    Sorry, but I'm not understanding this. I'm not clear on what you're referring to, what you did, or what you expect to be seeing at different points. Can you try again? See Steps to Reproduce for the kind of description we need.
    Then my annotation was locked, and when I looked at the same pdf on my other computer, I found that it was normal.
    Are you referring to the lock icon on annotations in the Zotero PDF reader? That just means the annotation is an external annotation embedded the PDF file, not a Zotero annotation. You can import external annotations from the File menu of the PDF reader. See Annotations in Database.
  • 1.used zotfile to rename and move the pdf file

2. I opened the pdf and found that the annotation was locked and could not be edited

3. I opened the same document in zotero on another computer and found that the annotation here was normal (editable)

4. So, I synchronized the literature. You want to synchronize annotation to an editable state.

5. But most of the annotation data disappeared after synchronization.
  • edited October 13, 2022
    Well, again, locked annotations are annotations embedded in the PDF file. If you're using linked files, you're responsible for syncing those files, and this wouldn't have anything to do with Zotero syncing.

You don't say whether the annotations were originally in Zotero and you somehow transferred them to the PDF file or if they were previously in the PDF file and you imported them into Zotero, but it'd have to be one or the other if they were locked in one place and editable in another.

Also, you say you deleted an annotation. If you do that, it's going to disappear everywhere when you sync.