APA 7th article title in title case rather than sentence case

The last two or three times I have formatted an article citation in APA 7th using zbib.org, the title has been in title case instead of sentence case. This is incorrect.
  • Are these items that you added before or after choosing APA?

First, to make sure you understand the basics here, see the ZoteroBib FAQ entry. Zotero's Sentence Case page may also be helpful.

ZoteroBib currently does the naive conversion to sentence case described in the ZoteroBib FAQ if APA style is selected when you add an item. It doesn't change the case for existing items as you switch between styles. (I actually thought it did, but I might be misremembering. We'll look into whether we can make that happen.)

So currently, if these are existing entries, you'll need to correct them manually. New entries should be converted in the naive way, and you'll need to correct any proper nouns as described on those two pages.
  • @youngvp: We've now updated ZoteroBib to convert existing titles to naive sentence case when switching from another style to APA. As always, you'll need to correct any proper nouns.
  • Thank you! I usually find the article first using zbib, then select the citation style. So I will select APA first going forward. I have not had the issue when using the Zotero app to format a bibliography or add citations to a document I am editing.
  • Well, as I say, we've fixed this in ZoteroBib, so either order will work now.

And the Zotero app works differently — it doesn't do this sort of auto-conversion to naive sentence-case at all, because it wouldn't make sense in that context. There's a context-menu option there to convert titles to naive sentence case, as explained on the linked page.