Article not saving

Hi folks,

I have encountered an issue in which I am unable to save selected text via the Zotero browser plugin for Google Chrome. When I right click text in a saved PDF on this webpage (https://canvas.qub.ac.uk/courses/18431/pages/week-2-history-and-hegemony?module_item_id=824717), but it shows no debug ID for reloading the page, translator or where the text is being saved to.

As a new user, I would greatly appreciate some clarification on this matter as I have a university assignment coming up.
  • I think you may be misunderstanding what Zotero does. Zotero is not for randomly capturing text from any webpage, although it can save a webpage as a bibliographic item while capturing the saved page as an html.

The page you link is just a Canvas course page, which we can't see because we are not in your university. I would suggest downloading the pdf from that page, and adding the item to your Zotero desktop app by dragging and dropping it in. Zotero may be able to find the proper bibliographic data for this pdf if it is from an academic journal with proper identifiers, or you can do that manually.

Once the pdf is added to the Zotero desktop app, you can then select text within it, create notes from it and add annotations on your computer or iOS device.
  • The PDF is inside your university's LMS, which may be part of the issue, but could you say exactly what you're doing, making sure you use the exact names of the Zotero buttons/functions as displayed? I'm having a hard time following.
    E.g., "Save selected text" is not a Zotero function