Suggested feature: archived Collections

I'd like to be able to archive a collection in my library. I have created many collections over the years for various projects. (Usually, so I can export the collection to bibtex file.) This has made for a cluttered library that can be difficult to navigate. I'd rather not permanently delete the collection. There's a chance I would want to do a follow-up project or some question about the research may arise. It would be really handy to be able to be able to archive them, so they were not in immediate view when I opened my library, but could be accessed or recovered if necessary. Thanks!
  • edited October 10, 2022
    You can create a collection called Archive to do that. Then you just need to drag & drop the collections you want to archive into that Archive collection.

I like to get it at the bottom of my collections, so I use the Cyrillic Capital Letter A instead of the normal capital A: Аrchive.
    Together with some emojis at the end to see it clearly, for example these ones: https://emojis.wiki/open-file-folder/
    You can keep the normal A if you prefer to see it at the top, or put special characters in front of it, depending on the names of the collections in your library.

You can also get sub-archive levels to find them more easily, like per year, or per position (master, PhD, postdoc, position1, ...), or per research direction...
    The navigation in sub-collections is very easy with the keyboard shortcuts +, -, right arrow and left arrow, so you can easily recover archived collections when needed.
  • MJ,

Thank you! That is a really nice work around! Particularly, using the Cyrillic A to force it to the bottom.

Best,
    Dustin