Feedback re the Note editor: the cursor placed after the reference selects the reference

edited October 11, 2022
Hi,

If a Note contains a reference, and the Note is open in the sidebar, and I place the cursor at the end of the text, where the reference is, to write something else, the cursor selects the whole reference. This way, if I start typing straight away, the reference will be deleted and replaced by whatever text I type, because if was selected as a whole object and thus is deleted by any key.

However, if the Note is open full screen, when I place cursor at the end of the paragraph which ends with a reference, the cursor stands right after the reference, and I can type something else without deleting the reference.

In the first case I can escape deleting the reference by placing the cursor at the end of the reference, clicking once (which selects the whole reference), and then using keyboard, pushing the right arrow. This way, cursor makes one step to the right and stops selecting the reference.

It would however be easier if the cursor behaved in the sidebar Note the way it behaves in the full screen Note.

Let me know if my description does not make sense.
  • edited October 11, 2022
    (It's helpful to use more specific thread titles.)

Can you make a screen recording of this and either upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive) and provide a link here or send a link to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread? I'm not able to reproduce this, but I'm not sure I'm clear on what you're describing.
  • Yes, if citation is wrapped to another line, it's difficult to place cursor after it. This will be fixed in Zotero 7.
  • I made a recording and sent it to support@zotero.org. Thank you!