Zotero opens error after deleting file by mistake

edited October 9, 2022
System Version: macOS Monterey 12.6
Software Version: Zotero 6.0.15 (the lastest version)
Hardware equipment: MacBook Pro 2020 with M1 chip, 13.3 inches
Failure Time: 8th October 2022
------------------------
A few days ago, I accidentally deleted some system and software support files in Application Support folder using command in terminal.app. This caused some errors on my MacBook system and software. It also display the error when I opened Zotero.

The error report reads as follow:
> [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520005 (NS_ERROR_FILE_DESTINATION_NOT_DIR) [nsIFile.create]" nsresult: "0x80520005 (NS_ERROR_FILE_DESTINATION_NOT_DIR)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/ipc.js :: Zotero.IPC Zotero.IPC this.init<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:372:7
> From previous event:
> ZoteroService@file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/components/zotero-service.js:346:7
> @chrome://zotero/content/include.js:4:14

[removed — D.S.]

I've searched online and found that only a few users have encountered this problem. But it's so annoying that tried many ways still can't solve the problem.
Wish this post can help you and other users with same problem.
(Please forgive my poor English. ^_^)
  • Thanks for trying to help others, but if you're posting here, please just report the problem and let us help you. If you get an error like this at Zotero startup, that's a bug that needs to be fixed for everyone. The steps you outlined are overkill and mostly totally unrelated to this problem.

We should have a fix for this in an upcoming version.