Debug ID D1553280790

Received message that app failed to sync with instructions to post this debug ID to Forums:
D1553280790

Trying to run Zotero on iPad w/ iPadOS 15.7 and I can no longer log into the app.
  • Now I am getting debug ID D338147781
    But I still can’t log into the app on the iPad. It is working on my iPhone and on my computer
  • Controllers: can't create UserControllers - Error Domain=io.realm Code=1 "No such table exists
    That's not good. Were you using the TestFlight beta of the iOS app previously, or just the App Store version? How long since you've used Zotero on this device?

We'll investigate, but for now you can almost certainly fix it just by deleting the app and reinstalling.
  • edited October 10, 2022
    @JenLScribner when you get a crash report on your iPad you should see a button "Copy and Export Database". Can you tap that, store those exported files and send them to us to support@zotero.org? Thanks!

Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't notice that you don't actually crash. Unfortunately in this case you don't have the option to "Copy and Export Database".
    So at this point if you need to use the app, as dstillman mentioned, you can delete and re-install the app. I'll add this option to the app so we can debug this issue if it happens again.
  • Thanks @dstillman and @michalrentka and apologies for the delay in responding.
    I was just using the App Store version and I was able to fix it by deleting the app and reinstalling. I really like the recent "eraser" markup enhancement and hope the iPad app continues to remain stable. Thanks again.