Can not copy notes from a paper when I add it to a group library

Hi
I am using Zotero from Mac.
I observed that if I start to work on a paper in My Local Library and add highlights and notes to the paper, and then I add this paper to a collection in a Group Library, all notes and highlights are lost.
Even if I set on preferences that when I copy/Add paper to another library, I want all information to be copied.
How can I fix this?
thanks,
Horacio
  • 1) Which Zotero version do you use?
    2) Does it happen with all PDFs?
    2) Does the PDF file already exist in the group library? If so, Zotero won't copy it, therefore annotations won't be copied as well.
  • 1) Zotero 6.0.15 on MacOS 12.3.1
    2) yes
    3) No, the PDF only exists first on my local library

But I realized about the following
    When I say "I add this paper from a local to a group library", such option does not appear on the menu using mouse right button. I Just do drag and drop paper with the mouse.

Am I doing it wrong?

Case not, I will "fix" this moving all my personal library to the group library. But I do not want to lose all my annotations. How can I also move/copy them? are they in some separated or hidden files?
  • What's the random 8-character string from the URL after clicking the parent item of one of the affected group library items in the web library?
  • That attachment has four highlights on it, all transferred when the item was copied. There's one other highlight on the personal library item that was added after the copy.

Are you saying that if you view that attachment in the group library, you don't see highlights? Where exactly are you looking?
  • If I compare the item in my local library (https://www.zotero.org/hperez_ucam/collections/DZRLQWND/items/XU7RD9QE/collection) with the copy on the group library (link in previous answer), the local copy has a highlight in the title for the word "Applying", which the group library copy does not. is that normal?
  • As I say, you added that after copying the item.