[Beta] Zotero just deleted *all* my annotations from a file

edited October 6, 2022
Hello,

I'm using the beta 6.0.16-beta.2+f13966894.
Zotero has just deleted all my annotations from a file, including those which I had inserted in previous sessions. This happened after I closed the PDF viewer and reopened the file: no annotations are left.

I reproduced this with a new file: started debug log, inserted one annotation, went to main menu, pressed 'sync', closed the PDF viewer, reoponed the file, and the annotation is missing. The debug ID is D1747244829
  • This will be fixed in the next beta, later today. Sorry for that.
  • Thanks for the info; I'm now working in fear of opening any of my older, annotated files ;-)
  • It won't affect existing annotations. Only new annotations or changes aren't saved.
  • Well, the issue I reported was verbatim as in the title: *all* my annotations in my file were deleted. Let me try to reproduce it with a file I consider expendable...
  • Well, now I can't reproduce that issue with old annotations. Fingers crossed that it was just my own confusion.
  • This is fixed in 6.0.16-beta.3, available now. Very sorry for this — we'll add additional tests to make sure this can't happen again. Thanks for reporting.
  • No worries; I've decided the beta features are worth the risks :-)