iOS: Highlight moves after selection

This discussion was created from comments split from: Cursor highlight bug in PDF viewer on iPad.
  • Version 1.0.4 on ios15.6, the cursor highlights the error, after selection will move elsewhere, can not select the desired area
  • @Jh_xiong: Not sure what you mean here. Are you reporting the same issue as above? If not, please start a new thread. Feel free to post in Chinese.
  • 类似光标高亮错误。我的IPAD更新1.0.4后,无法正常使用荧光笔功能。在用pencil选择并且添加颜色后,它会自动移动到其他地方,无法选中我想要的区域。
  • edited October 6, 2022
    Can you take a screenshot (or better yet, make a screen recording), upload it somewhere, and provide a link here?

Also, is this happening with any PDF, or only a specific PDF?
  • 你好,谢谢你的指导。这是我在ipad上遇到的问题,在链接中有简短视频,能帮帮我吗,谢谢你。https://b23.tv/piHwL2i
  • Thanks, that's helpful. And does this happen with all PDFs, or only a specific PDF?
  • If you don't mind, could you send that PDF to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • 非常感谢,我已将文件发送于你指定的邮箱。
  • 我也有同样的问题,请问可以怎么解决?
  • I have the same problem, with highlights and drawings with the apple pencil
  • @cloooooria, @rbianchi: If you don't mind, could you also send a PDF for which this is happening to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • I will send one PDF to the mentioned email later. But actually this happening with all the PDF in zoetro (Version 1.0.4)
  • Same problem here. Happening to all my PDF files. I tried old files that I had no trouble highlighting just yesterday. Same issue.
  • I've looked into it more and it seems to sometimes jump down two lines and stop, or it keeps going two lines at a time.it might be helpful to note that it seems just to be a visual issue as the annotation tabs keeps the initially highlighted text. Very weird.
  • @Tomvano I am having the same behavior; mine only drops down one line and does this only once. I'm also seeing this behavior with other markups - freehand draw and the box selection. Finally, these 'line-jumps' appear on the Desktop version (I've only checked on Windows PC) after closing out the document on iOS.
  • edited October 8, 2022
    Same here. I’ve noticed it’s happening mostly with 2005-2014ish articles. iPad.
  • We have a fix for this — we’re just waiting for Apple to approve the beta. I’ll post here when it’s ready for testing. No need for additional files.
  • Is there any timeline when the fix will be available for us that are experiencing this issue?
  • Same issue. All pdfs. Same files are fine on desktop Zotero. Looking forward to the fix.
  • Unfortunately there's nothing we can do here until Apple approves the beta and then the release. We'll post here when the beta is available, which we hope should be by tomorrow.
  • OK, this fix is now available in the Zotero for iOS beta. If you're experiencing this and don't mind installing the beta, please let us know if it fixes the problem for you. We'll release 1.0.5 once we've confirmed that this is fixed.
  • I tested beta version 1.0.5 (2) and the problem seems fixed. Mark ups dont drop lower in the document.
  • Version 1.0.5 with this fix is now available from the App Store. Sorry for the trouble.
  • @dstillman Confirmed 1.0.5 fixed it! Thanks for the quick response!