Online library not syncing with computer library

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero won't save to web library.
  • Hi there,

I too am finding that the online library is not syncing with my computer library. I've been using Zotero nigh on daily, and this is unusual. Here's the DebugID D1350391623
    I'd love to learn what is happening, thank you, Peter T
  • Could you say more there? What isn't syncing? The debug output doesn't show any changes in the online library since the previous last sync.
  • Computer A has more and updated records than the online library.

The online library doesn't seemingly update from Computer A.

Other computers sync and record the same records recorded in the online library that is not synced with updated Computer A.

Am I getting this right? Thank you for helping.
  • If a change isn't being synced, we need to see a Debug ID showing you 1) making the change locally and 2) syncing. That's the only way we can debug it. Everything should certainly sync, and if it didn't that would point to a bug, but we can't debug a change made previously.

If you're finding that previously changed items aren't synced now, you can make a temporary change to them — e.g., dragging them to a temporary tag or collection — to trigger a sync.

For an upcoming version, we're planning to add back a Full Sync option (which used to exist in the past) that could be used to more easily recover from an incomplete sync.
  • Thank you,

I'll pursue this soon as possible, and experiment :^)

Your help is most appreciated,

Peter
  • I restarted Zotero with debug logging on. I added a citation. I waited a bit. I then logged onto Zotero and looked at the collection. The citation was added. However the citation count in the local collection reads 321 The citation count in the online collection reads 295. WTF? Scooby, we have a mystery on our hands! :^)

Debug ID - D2130233504
  • I repeated the earlier process, this time I clicked on the sync button after adding a citation. Debug ID - D1168927447
  • As I say, we can only debug something if you can provide a Debug ID for making a change that doesn't sync, not for something that went wrong previously. I explained how to force it to unsynced items — e.g., in this case you could just create a new collection on the computer where there are 321 items, drag all the items to the collection, sync, and delete the new collection.

If you can reproduce something not syncing as you make a change, we'd want to see a Debug ID.
  • Thank you for your clarification, and recommendation for rectifying this matter. Forgive me for being under the impression that I was helping to troubleshoot existing problems.

I created an new collection locally & copied files from the collection that was more complete and not updating. The online collection synchronized with all records properly in the new collection.

Your help is most appreciated,

Peter