Edit APA style - clear punctuation marks

I already edited the apa style concerning the following aspects:
- The first names are written out in full (in the bibliography).
- In the citations the comma between the last author and the year is deleted.
- The "et al." comes after the third author and is changed to "u. a." (as a German version).

I still need some changes that I don't get to be done:
- I need the comma before the ampersand and before the u. a. to be deleted in the citations. Currently, it's (author, author, & author year) or (author, author, author, author, u. a. year). I already set all "delimiter-precedes-last" to "never", but the comma is still there. What to do?
(If there are only two authors, it's correct: (author & author year).)
- In the bibliography there is a point between the first name of the last author and the year: name, firstname & name, firstname. (year). ...
How can I get rid of this point?

I will be grateful for help! Thanks!
  • I already set all "delimiter-precedes-last" to "never",
    Likely in the wrong place -- the setting in the name element overrides anything at a higher level (or you've changed it in the wrong name element -- it's not set for the citation at all in APA, so you'd have to add it, not just change it).
    For u.a. this is set separately via delimiter-precedes-et-al

- for the bibliography, there's currently a delimiter ". " set in a group that includes most elements of the bibliography. You'd have to move the author-bib macro out of that group (all the way towards the bottom of the style).
  • I got it, thank you very much!
  • I'm sorry having to add something: I have a similar problem with the editors. If there are three editors or more there is a comma before the ampersand that I need to be deleted. I do not find the line where I have to change/add something. Could you help me again?
    (The names variables "editor", "editorial-director" and "collection-editor" are already set to delimiter-precedes-last="never".)
  • Add this point we'd need to see a full copy of your edited style. Post to pastebin.com or a similar code sharing site and provide a link here. Also, please keep all your issues for the same style in the same thread, so this here: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/100426/change-hrsg-to-hg-in-apa#latest should be included here.
  • The copy of the edited style is here: https://pastebin.com/nvnAZNUd

I'm sorry I opened a new discussion! (I did it because it was a new subject compared to the one announced in the heading of this discussion; but I understand that it makes sense to keep it in one thread and will do it in future.)