Tabbing through Info fields issue

Zotero 6.0.15
Windows 10

When tabbing through the Info fields in the right-hand pane, all selectable fields are included as a tab stop. This is particularly noticeable in item types with multiple authors.

1. Starting in Title, hit tab key
2. Drop-down box of "author" types is selected (expected behaviour(?) though I'm sure that selecting author family name used to be the expected behaviour)

1. From author given name, tab to next field
2. "Switch to single field" selected (expected behaviour, select next author family name), tab to next field
3. Remove author (-) button or Add author (+) button are selected as tab stops where the button is active (expected behaviour, select next author family name or Abstract field)

1. In Extra field, hit tab key
2. Nothing happens (expected behaviour, exit Extra field but remain in the same record or start again at Item Type for the same record)

I ran Zotero with a new profile and no add-ons, and the same behaviour was experienced except for "Extra field". In a new profile,

1. In Extra field, hit tab key, exits Extra field but nothing obvious selected
2. However, if from Extra field, tab 3 times, My Library selected (expected, one tab only required?)
3. From My Library, tab 3 times, Original record selected selected in middle-pane (expected, one tab only?)

[Aside:: Though I think Item Type for the same record should be selected rather than either My Library or the middle pane]

4. Tab once, "Info" tab selected in right-hand pane (as expected?)
5. Tab once Item Type data selected (for example, Journal article) but cannot change without clicking on it (as expected?)
6. From then on the same behaviour is experienced as outlined from the start of this post.

All other tab stops (e.g. abstract, publication and so on) seem to work as expected.

Many thanks.
  • Additional note::::s--
    1. If a field is edited (e.g. Volume), hitting tab results a delay before the next field is selected. There is no delay just tabbing through fields.
    2. In one article with 28 authors) the view of the panel also skips up to show the first author and then the view skips down to the correct field tabbed into but this very distracting when tabbing through multiple fields
  • edited October 3, 2022
    I'm not sure what you're reporting here? Keyboard access to creator buttons was fixed in 6.0.14. It was an accessibility bug and was fixed.

After Extra it just loops around. The first tab takes you to the mode selector for the quick search bar (missing focus indicator currently), followed by the search bar, followed by the collections pane.

You change focused menus (quick search mode, item type, creator type) with the up/down arrows.
    1. If a field is edited (e.g. Volume), hitting tab results a delay before the next field is selected. There is no delay just tabbing through fields.
    The item is being saved. Zotero could perhaps optimistically move focus forward and save in the background but that's not how it works now.
  • Thanks Dan,

I missed that change for accessibility. Other problems fixed with a new profile.