Citation Style with Notes

Is there a standard Zotero citation style which includes Zotero Notes in the Citations?

If not can I add the Notes field to a custom citation style?

• edited October 2, 2022
    There is a bunch of styles that have that programmed in. Try one of those:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/search?q=<"text+variable="note"

Otherwise to add that into any style, use:
    <text variable="note"/>
  • Thanks - much appreciated
  • Those aren't actually notes, though -- that's the Extra field. Notes aren't available to citation styles in Zotero
  • Thanks for clarifying.
  • Thank you both

So if I want to author Roundup style articles which include annotations from PDF files (saved as Notes) I gather I would need to export the data as a CSV and then write an app to process the data from the CSV? Or is there an easier way to do that?
  • I'm not familiar with Roundup, so not sure I know exactly what you're looking for. Speaking generally, the options I see are
    1. Use reports (right-click generate reports) which include notes (assuming they work for you, format wise)
    2. Do what you suggest and use post-processed exports to create the format you want (I'd agree CSV seems like a good choice for that)
    3. Use the API, either from the server or the soon-to-land local equivalent (there's on open PR) to create the format, which has the advantage that you'd essentially just have to print the bibliography and then the note, rather than processing all desired fields.
  • Thanks Adam - I will consider those