iPad cannot find attachments in WebDAV (conjunction with Zotfile)

Hi,

I am using Zotero with Zotfile on my laptop. I have the attachments stored in a university cloud using Zotfile. Now I want to use Zotero on my tablet. I can connect to WebDAV using Zotero, and other WebDAV applications. However, if I go to an item in my Zotero library and click on the PDF it throws an error message with "cannot find the attachment on the WebDAV server". The paper is in a collection called "Topics". I can see using another WebDAV app that the paper is indeed in the "zotero/Topics" folder. To see if it changes stuff I copied the pdf over to the "zotero" folder. It did not change anything. Any idea what is going wrong? Or where exactly the tablet might be looking for the t
  • Zotero's WebDAV support is for stored files using Zotero file syncing. It doesn't have anything to do with linked files.
  • Using Zotfile I can have my attachments in the university cloud. I want to open the PDFs just like I do at my laptop, i.e. open Zotero en click on the PDF I want to open. There is no linked stored location button on the tablet, nor a way to install Zotfile to get such a button. So, is there a way to achieve this?
  • From the linked page:
    Given the advanced nature of linked-file workflows, and the differences on individual systems, we're not able to help troubleshoot problems with specific setups.
  • edited September 30, 2022
    Or I guess you're asking about the Zotero iOS app? In that case, also from the linked page:
    Linked files are also not supported in the Zotero iOS app.
  • Based on what you said and https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/70300/using-a-webdav-or-zotfile I found out what I was doing wrong.

I thought I needed Zotfile to have the files in the university cloud, but I don't. For that I needed to set the file sync to WebDAV on my laptop too. After moving the files back to the original Zotero directory, and subsequently turning on WebDAV on my laptop it all worked.