Standalone notes going AWOL after latest upgrade

This morning I upgraded to 2.0b7.5 so that synching would work.

I have a 'subcollection' file called "Bio/Org entries", where I have standalone notes relating to individuals and organisations I come across in my research.

Since the update, I have a new problem. When I select a note in order to add new information, and start typing in the right hand pane, for a while, all is normal. But now Zotero is doing two weird things: it either 1. comes out of the record while I'm in the middle of typing, leaving me looking at a list of files and notes in the collection I'm working in /without/ the file I'm working on in it, or 2. when I exit the note as normal (as there is no 'save' function in zotero), the note is no longer in the collection I began writing it in. In both cases the note can be found in My Library (found out after a panic!); using CTRL+CLICK shows that the notes no longer belong in their original collection.

In one case I was able to drag the note back into the appropriate collection (where it appears to have stayed), in another I am trying to drag it back into the collection, but Zotero won't let me do it.

I am having problems with other collections as well since the upgrade - new standalone notes (that, if you're interested, I'm using to describe the scope of archive collections before I start taking notes in detail) created in folders are similarly appearing in My Library when I finish editing each note - but not in the collections they were originated in.

Am I doing something wrong? For example, should I be 'saving' these notes somehow?

Thanks for a great free product.
This discussion has been closed.