zotero word processor ignoring journal abbreviation only for few entries?

hi, first of all thanks to the developers for this great free software!
I am experiencing some issues regarding journal abbreviations. I have deactivated the automatic MEDLINE abbreviation, such that the journal abbreviation should be taken from the Zotero field (as listed in the local library). However, in few cases Zotero either takes the full name or even another abbreviation. I have checked that there is not any duplicated entry in my database. I have also deleted and re-added the bibliography, without any success. So now I am manually editing the errors in the word document. Is this a bug?
  • What happens if you delete and re-insert that citation? I'm guessing those citations are using metadata stored in the document from when they were first created -- likely no longer associated with a Zotero entry, so they don't update.
  • thanks for your quick response. yes, that worked. It's a bit strange though that few citations use metadata, while all others others do not?
  • Zotero falls back on the metadata stored in the document (the first time you cite an item) if it can't find the item in the local Zotero database (because you're on a different account, deleted that item, or haven't synced)