Lost my Mac Word integration

I just downloaded the latest version of Firefox and lost all of my Mac/Word integration. Now Word for Mac does not recognize Zotero.

Here's my info:
Word for Mac v 12.2.3
Firefox 3.6.19
Mac/Word integration 3.1.4
PythonExt 110710

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Mike
  • edited July 21, 2011
    Have you tried these steps? http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#zotero_toolbar_doesn_t_appear

If those don't help, what exactly happens when you try to add a citation?
  • Hi Simon,

I did all of that and still no luck. None of the shortcut keys in Word work for Zotero (insert citation, Etc.) Then, I go up to the Scripts menu, where all of the Zotero functions used to be, there is no Zotero there anymore. I then went to the folder where the Zotero scripts are kept and tried to run them from there. I got this message (Firefox was running at the time):

try
    do shell script "PIPE=\"/Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe_$LOGNAME\"; if [ ! -e \"$PIPE\" ]; then PIPE='~/.zoteroIntegrationPipe'; fi; if [ -e \"$PIPE\" ]; then echo 'MacWord2008 addBibliography '" & quoted form of POSIX path of (path to current application) & " > \"$PIPE\"; else exit 1; fi;"
    on error
    display alert "Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure that Firefox is open and try again." as critical
    end try

So somehow I lost communication between Word and Zotero.

Thanks for helping. -Mike
  • What you see there is the code for the script. It doesn't indicate anything, and it would look the same on a functional system. If you click the "Run" button at the top of the window, that runs the script, which should work, but doesn't explain why the scripts aren't showing up in Word.

What version of Mac OS X are you running? Have you tried restarting Word?
  • I am experiencing the same issue as you, mobie! I didn't upgrade firefox, but just the add-ons for Zotero and the MacWord Integration. Tried everything listed troubleshooting guide to no avail. Restarting Firefox and Word haven't helped either

Simon, I tried running the scripts manually from TextEditor and I get this error message:

"Zotero Interation Error: Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
    AttributeError: Unknown property, element or command: 'active_document' "

Does anyone know what this means? I have a paper to turn in today and I need my bibliography :'(
  • edited July 21, 2011
    I'm running Mac OS X v 10.5.8 Build 9L31a

When I run the script I get this

"on error
    display alert "Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure that Firefox is open and try again." as critical
    end try"

And Firefox is open
  • This should be fixed in version 3.1.5 of the Word plug-in, available now.
  • Ok, I've been able to fix the issue after reading similar problems in threads about Lion. (I'm running Leopard.) All I had to do was open each of those scripts in Script Editor (default) and then save the files. Restart Word and the scripts should be in the right place in the menus.

Thanks goes to LMVance for the fix!
  • edited July 21, 2011
    Your link fixed it, Simon. Thanks again; you fixed me last time I did an update and lost my connectivity. I appreciate your help, as always.

-Mike
This discussion has been closed.