Nothing happens when opening a .ris file

When I open/double click on a downloaded .ris file on my laptop it opens Zotero, but nothing else happens? I'm not being prompted if I want to import the .ris file or anything - it just launches the application and stops.
I know that I can import the file manually from the file menu, but that's really manual as I would like to open the file for import directly from explorer or my browser.
Is there somewhere I can toggle an auto-import option or something? I have already tried reinstalling the app but that didn't help.
  • I can't create a Report ID as there is no error to report. However I have created a Debug ID D995460802.

Version => 6.0.36, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => da-DK, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.36, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.36, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.36, extension)
  • edited 22 days ago
    You can always provide a Report ID — Adomas linked to instructions.

But a Debug ID is fine. We'd want one that covers the import, not including Zotero startup. So start Zotero, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, start debug output logging, reproduce this, and then submit the output and provide the Debug ID.
  • OK - I've tried to follow your instructions. See Debug ID D306674863.
  • Nothing logged, I'm afraid. Best I can suggest is to try the Zotero 7 beta or wait for Zotero 7 and see if that fixes it.

(Just to note, while this should work, importing RIS files isn't the standard way to add things to Zotero, so it's not something that one would generally be doing very often.)