How the software is updated affects the loading speed of pdf documents

zotero beta77

I found an interesting phenomenon.

1. After updating the software with the automatic update function, the loading speed of the pdf document becomes slow.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u6624555/lsx2k2wmv5k5pw1xrfnt.png

2. Download the installation package and then overwrite the installation.PDF document loading speed is normal, and when switching tabs, PDF loading speed is also fast.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u6624555/fhkh6h6sgsp3e5t1qiov.png

If you are interested in this, let's verify it together.
  • edited 11 days ago
    Updating from which version? Any previous beta, or from the Zotero 6 beta?

Can you reproduce this reliably updating from, say, beta 76 to beta 77? Is it only on the first restart after the update, or does the problem go away after another restart?
  • Same version, 7.0.0-beta.77 ,

First, when upgrading the software from beta55 to beta68 with automatic updates, I began to find that opening the PDF was slower. After that, the software is still updated with automatic update until the latest beta77. The speed of opening pdfs is still slow and has not improved.
    Today, I downloaded the beta77 installation package and installed it to overwrite the current beta77. Surprisingly, the speed of opening the PDF has increased. This speed, like the previous 55 version, is acceptable.
  • OK, but I'm asking whether you can reproduce this going from 76 to 77.

It's very unlikely that using the updater vs. reinstalling has anything to do with this, so unless you can reproduce it, that almost certainly wasn't the cause here.

You should also make sure you're testing everything in Troubleshooting Mode (Help → "Restart in Troubleshooting Mode…”), which disables all plugins.
  • Rationally, I myself think this is unscientific. Subjectively, I feel the speed seems to have improved, which may be my illusion or imagination. So I posted to ask you to help me verify.

In the future, if I have definite evidence, I will give you feedback.

Thank you very much for your reply