institutional storage not applied to my account

Hi! I'm a long-time Zotero user, with my gmail as my primary email address. My institution (Brown University) just subscribed to the unlimited institutional storage subscription. I double-checked with Brown and they have paid the invoice for the plan. I added my Brown email as an alternate address per instructions I found (I think on the forums), but my account is still showing as limited to the storage plan I'm currently paying for. Two questions:

1. Is there something else I need to do to ensure my account links to Brown's storage plan?
2. Once I'm linked with their storage, will I need to cancel my personal storage subscription to avoid paying individually?

Thanks for your help!
  • 1. Do you know if they have an “Institution” subscription (everyone at Brown has unlimited storage) or a “Lab” subscription (paid for by one lab with a controlled list of users that get unlimited storage)? If it’s a Lab subscription, talk to whoever manages the list and check that your email is spelled correctly there.

2. While you have access to an institution or lab subscription, the timer on any personal subscription is paused and you won’t be charged for renewal or lose existing subscription time.
  • 1. It's definitely an institutional subscription. I work in the library and it's being paid for via us for the whole university.

2. Awesome, thank you!
  • cc @fcheslack -- he should be able to look into this (Faolan -- Hilary's email is on the email button here: https://libguides.brown.edu/prf.php?id=0398baee-b0ae-11ee-9a83-127d3674933b )

I'll note that Brown's subscription isn't listed on your own LibGuide yet: https://libguides.brown.edu/organize/zotero (in fact, ironically that suggests using ones personal email)
  • Thank you so much! I believe the ink wasn't dry on the contract till about a week ago, but I will remind our Zotero libguide editor that we'll need to add this info once we've determined that it's working.
  • The subscription hadn't been activated, but it now has been so you should see it reflected in your storage settings.
  • Looks like it's all set, thank you so much!