Can I reduce my storage and retrieve my free storage?

I had a Zotero subscription two years ago for 2GB. It was expired, and my storage capacity exceeded 365MB. Now, I am required to upgrade to 6GB since the 2GB subscription shows expired. Can I reduce my storage by deleting all PDF files and retrieve my free storage?
  • If you don't want to sync PDFs, you can just disable file sync -- no need to delete anything. But you are also likely misunderstanding something. You should obviously be able to renew at the 2GB Level after that expires? What exactly are you seeing?
  • That's the currently selected plan that shows it's expired. You can click the "Renew Now" button on the left side to renew at that subscription level.
  • Thank you for the responses. Dear Adamsmith, I synced many files, and when the subscription expired, it showed my 300 free limit was exceeded. Unfortunately, the 2MB renewal was not shown to me since it expired. Consequently, the 6MB and the Unlimited options were only available as it showed.
    However, when I deleted all my synced PDF files and turned off the file sync, it looked like the problem was resolved. Thank you, Adamsmith and Fcheslack, for your timely responses.