Error saving citation from Pubmed

Error ID:873673330 and Report Errors: JavaScript Error: "No Pubmed data found - most likely eutils is temporarily down"

I'm using Google Chrome and Zotero 4.0
  • It's a temporary error from PubMed. Nothing to do about it other than wait, unfortunately.
  • Same situation as Giorgio, but was able to make it work by disabling Adblock plus (add on for chrome). Try disabling your addons, and refreshing the page of interest, then try saving to zotero.
  • Are you sure it wasn't just because PubMed servers stopped glitching? If you re-enable Adblock does the issue re-appear reliably? I can't imagine how adblock would interfere with PubMed
  • @Aurimas, You're right. Its working fine now, with adblock enabled.
  • Throughout the past 48 hours (or so) NCBI has been doing its annual system update and database structure update to 2015 standrds. There was an earlier update mid-September. While this action takes place there will be brief periods where access is very slow or connections dropped. These scheduled updates take place each year at the end of the US fiscal year and again before the start of the new calendar year.

Among the recent database changes: the author afiliation field is now attached to each author instead of the old way when all afiliations were combined into one field. I believe that there is now also a field for the institution's ORCID. (Author ORCID IDs were added with a previous year's update.)

During these updates, not only are there periods of limited access, new records are not added to the system to allow data to properly flow to the new table structure and to allow new and changed MeSH terms to be assigned.

I run a daily search for matching items added during the past 24 hours. A normal return to my sensitive query is about 400 items. For many days that number dropped to about 125 items. Today I performed the same search and received about 3000 records. Clearly, the last day or so the system was busy catching up with the records that had been held back.