style sheet De Buck

2»
  • I am very pleased with this style sheet. But I noticed some small errors (if I am not mistaken). I thought I'd mention them just to make this style even better.

1) a book with more then 4 authors: all authors are mentioned in the literature list. It should be the first author and e.a. (nb the note is correct).

2) also in all references with more authors: no comma before 'en' or 'e.a.'.

example:
    Spijker, W. van ’t, R. Bisschop, N. Eikelenboom, H. Florijn, W.J. op ’t Hof, T.M. Hofman, e.a., De Synode van Westminster 1643-1649 (Houten 2002).

Soltow, Lee, en J. L. van Zanden, Income and wealth inequality in the Netherlands, 16th-20th century (Amsterdam 1998).

3) ibid. : when author(s) article of part of book is/are the same as the author(s) or editor(s) of the book 'ibid.'should be used. Now the style sheet gives two different ways:

Ankersmit, F. R, ‘Historical representation’, in: History and tropology. The rise and fall of metaphor (Berkeley, Los Angeles, Londen 2001) 97–124.

Calhoun, Craig, ‘Introduction: Habermas and the public sphere’, in: Craig J Calhoun ed., Habermas and the public sphere (Cambridge, Mass. 1992) 1–48.

4) Book with just editors has 'red.' in stead of 'ed.' (as is used everywhere else). In the note, no editors are mentioned. I think this is wrong?

exemple:
    Aalbers, Johan, en Craig Calhoun, red., Test: boek 2 editors (Leiden 1999).

in note:
    Test: boek 2 editors (Leiden 1999).

==
    It would be wonderfull if someone can change this! On the whole it works very well. Thanks to whoever made this style. It has already saved me a lot of time!
  • The style is now up on the repository. It will appear on the style repository within 30mins.. (See here if you need instructions for installing styles in standalone.

I've fixed issue 1 and 4 mentioned by EBoersma above, but couldn't quite follow about 2 and 3 - could you give an example clearly labeling what the style currently does and what it should do? It's possible that 3 isn't currently possible, though.
  • Nice to see that the stylesheet is being used. I am still planning on fixing all the issues I have encountered, but haven't found the time yet. There are a few issues that need to be addressed.

I also noticed the English language locale ("there", "ed.", etc.) has been completely removed from the file. I myself am using the English version, so does it still need to be excluded to prevent bugs in the csl processor?
  • The style is currently set to default to dutch terms, so even including English terms wouldn't have any effect. If using de Buck in English is common, we can revert that, though I thought it was often described as the Dutch Chicago Manual, so if you wanted to write in English you might as well use Chicago Manual?
  • Yes, that is probably true, although it is not completely identical to the Chicago Manual. Perhaps it is time for me to switch to another style guide for my own writings.